Northern Ethiopia is a treasure trove of mystery and wonder. This stunning region boasts a remarkable depth of history.
On your journey North you will see
- The enormous obelisks (monolithic stelae) of Axum
- The amazing rock hewn churches of Lalibela
- The dramatic escarpments of the Simien Mountains
- The medieval castles of Gondar
- The painted monasteries on the islands of Lake Tana at Bahir Dar
- You will also have the opportunity to browse the various markets that are colourful and varied in their wares.